YouTube Music is a music streaming service that offers a number of features (paid and free), including the ability to download music from YouTube directly on your cell phone. With this, you can listen to your favourite artists even when offline.
See in the following tutorial on how to download music from YouTube Music. The procedure was done on an iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 15.2, but the steps are the same for Android devices.
How to download music from youtube
First, it is worth noting that, in order to download music from YouTube Music, it is necessary to subscribe to the Premium version of the service, which in turn costs R$ 21.90 per month in the individual plan. You can test the platform for free for 30 days before the first charge.
Another alternative is to subscribe to YouTube Premium, which is cheaper, starting at R$20.90, and immediately take all the benefits of YouTube Music Premium. And that’s also with the right to a free month. If you are already a Premium subscriber, follow the steps below to download music from YouTube.
- Open the YouTube Music app (Android | iOS) and log in with your Google account;
- Find the song you want to download and tap the three dots icon;
- Go to “Download”;
- Wait a few seconds until the download is complete and the music is downloaded to the mobile.
How to download YouTube albums and playlists
The process to download an entire album or playlist from YouTube Music is equally simple. For that:
- Open the YouTube Music app;
- Locate the album or playlist you want to download;
- Tap the button with an arrow pointing down next to the album/playlist cover;
- Wait for the download to complete. At the end, the album or playlist will be saved in the phone’s internal memory.
How to Download Music from YouTube to an SD Card
YouTube Music even lets you download music to an SD card instead of using your phone’s internal storage. This option is only available on Android smartphones that have a card slot, as not all of them have this feature. The iPhone does not have an SD card slot, so all songs are stored in the device’s memory.
- Open the YouTube Music app and tap your profile picture in the upper right corner;
- Go to “Settings” and then “Downloads and Storage”;
- Check the “Use SD card” option;
- Ready. From now on, all downloaded songs will be saved on your phone’s SD card.
How long are songs saved?
Songs, albums and playlists downloaded from YouTube Music Premium are saved indefinitely on the device. The only requirement is that you use the app connected to the internet at least once every 30 days, so your downloads are kept on your phone.
Can I download music from YouTube on PC?
No. YouTube Music Premium does not yet have an option to download music to your computer.
Can I transfer music from mobile to SD card?
No. If a song is saved in the Android smartphone’s internal memory, you will first need to delete the phone’s download and change the storage location in the app’s settings. Only then will you be able to download the file again.