Knowing how to make a pickaxe in Minecraft to use on ores and blocks is one of the most basic and important objects for the survival experience of Mojang’s game. The pickaxe does not impede the game’s progress but certainly speeds up the process.
Check below the step-by-step guide to build the tool, which objects can be used, and other important information.
How to make a pickaxe in Minecraft
As the pickaxe is not a primary object, that is, it is made by “mixing” two objects, it is necessary to have a workbench ready. After making it, follow the steps below:
The most accessible pickaxe, and one that will be your companion at the beginning of the game, is the wooden one. You need to collect wooden blocks and follow the steps below to get it.
- Open the workbench, and place a Wood Block to obtain Wooden Planks;
- Then place two Wooden Planks to get ‘Sticks’;
- Place two sticks in the construction area, in the central part;
- Place three Wooden Planks above”;
- Keep the “Wooden Pickaxe” in your inventory to use it.
With the wooden pickaxe in hand, it is much easier to collect objects for the next ones. In your cave explorations to find diamonds and other blocks, it is important to carry a torch to light the way and ward off mobs.
All pickaxes follow the same construction logic, regardless of the material used; however, keep in mind that as you need better materials, it is necessary to break the object’s block with a better and better pickaxe. For example: to obtain Iron Blocks it is necessary to use the Stone Pickaxe and so on.
- Collect three boulders and store them in your inventory;
- Use two sticks and place them in the center, one above the other, on the workbench;
- Place the three boulders on top to create a “Stone Pickaxe”.
- Collect some Iron Blocks in the wild and bring them to the Workbench;
- Place the Iron Block in the center and get nine Iron Bars;
- Place the sticks and iron bars as in the steps above and drag the Iron Pickaxe into your inventory.
- Collect a Gold Block and place it on the workbench to get nine gold bars;
- Place the sticks and gold bars on the workbench;
- Drag the Golden Pickaxe to your inventory.
- Collect a Diamond Block and bring it to the workbench to obtain Diamonds;
- Place the Sticks and Diamonds on the workbench;
- Drag the Diamond Pickaxe to your inventory.
Unlike the other pickaxes, the Netherite version needs a Blacksmithing Table. To create, just get four Wooden Boards and two Iron Bars and place them on the Work Table as shown in the image below.
Once you’ve built the Blacksmith’s Table, just take the Diamond Pickaxe and a Netherite Bar, obtained in the same way as the Diamond and Gold Bar, and that’s it.
These are the pickaxes you can get in the game, helping you to continue your adventure and get better items and equipment.