Knowing how to put a YouTube channel cover helps reinforce your page’s visual identity. The video platform allows you to customize your own channel with a banner, which can include video information and schedule details.
YouTube includes some guidelines for inserting a cover image into your channel: it must have a maximum size of 6MB, minimum dimensions of 2048 x 1152 pixels, and an aspect ratio of 16:9. There is also a security area for texts and logos of 1235 x 338 pixels to ensure that key information is visible on any device. See the step by step!
How to add a cover on YouTube channel
- Open the YouTube app (Android | iOS), tap your profile picture and select the option “Your channel”;
- On your channel page, tap the pencil icon to edit information;
- Then go to the cover location and tap the camera icon to change it;
- Take a photo with the camera or upload an image from your gallery. Then YouTube lets you adjust the cover for viewing on different devices. When finalizing the changes, tap “Save” to place the cover art on your channel.
How to Add a cover on a YouTube channel on a computer
- access studio.youtube.com and click on the “Personalization” tab, located in the menu on the left side of the screen;
- Among the customization options, select the “Branding” tab. From this screen, you can change the channel’s visual information such as profile picture, cover, and watermark. Go to the “Banner image” field and click on “Change”;
- Choose an image on your computer, make the viewing adjustments and click “Done” to add it;
- Finally, click “Publish” to save the changes. Ready! With these steps, you know how to put a YouTube channel cover.