You can disable YouTube subtitles (Android l iOS l Web) both through the app and the browser. In fact, to make life easier for the user, there are no differences between iOS and Android. With that in mind, let’s start with the mobile version of the service.
- To get started, access a video on Youtube and, in the upper right corner of the screen, click on the “CC” button. With it, you will be able to activate and deactivate the function. When the button is filled with white colour, it means that subtitles are enabled. If the background, on the other hand, is transparent, the feature is turned off;
- If you want to access more subtitle options, click the three-dot button in the same direction. With this menu, you can see the status of the subtitles and adjust the language (when there are different translations available).
How to remove subtitles from Youtube on a PC
The browser process has some particularities that deserve your attention. Although the differences are minimal, it is important to point them out. After all, the interface is not the same and can confuse some users.
- On the computer, enter a video from the platform and this time, focus on the bottom of the video player. Locate and click on the rectangular button with some horizontal strokes. When Youtube subtitles are active, you will see a red line below it. Otherwise, the feature will be disabled;
- To access the settings menu, click on the gear icon on the right. Then click on “Subtitles” to access more options.
With this adjustment, only the settings for the video in question are changed. To change your preferences on the platform in general, the process is different.
- Click the three-dash button in the upper left corner and select the “Settings” menu. Then go to the Options bar and click on “Playback and performance”;
- In the “Subtitles and CC” section, clear all the checkboxes. With this, all videos will start with the function disabled. If you want to enable it, just re-select the checkboxes again.
How to remove subtitles in Youtube Studio
If you believe that the tutorial ended here, you are wrong. After all, this process can have two points of view: who consume content on the platform and who creates it. If you have a YouTube channel, go to the creative studio and click on “Subtitles” on the left side.
Locate the language you want to remove, and in the “Subtitles” column, click on the three-dot menu. To delete, tap on the trash can. Before confirming the action, please be aware that once you delete the automatic transcription of a video, you will not be able to activate it again.