How to update YouTube on mobile
- Open the Google Play Store;
- Search for the YouTube app in the search bar and, if there is a new update available, tap “Update”;
- From the Play Store home screen, you can also go to the three-line menu, select “My apps and games” and tap “Update All” to update all apps at once, including YouTube.
On iPhone (iOS)
- Open the App Store;
- Tap the icon with your profile picture;
- Swipe down the screen and look for the YouTube app;
- Tap “Update” next to the YouTube logo if a new update is available.
How to update YouTube on TV
on Apple TV
- Access the App Store on your Apple TV;
- Search for the YouTube app and select the tool;
- Go to “Update”. If the option is not visible, then the YouTube app is already updated to the latest version.
On Smart TV
The process for updating YouTube on Smart TVs may vary by TV model and manufacturer. However, the way is to open the app store on your TV and update YouTube manually. Another option is to open the application to see an update notification if an update is available.
Can I enable YouTube auto-update on mobile?
Yes. On both Android and iPhone, it is possible to enable automatic updating of applications, including YouTube. Haaga has a complete tutorial on the subject.
How often are updates released?
That depends. As YouTube is an app used by millions of people every day, it is normal for the tool to receive minor updates weekly to fix bugs. But it can happen that Google releases emergency updates in case of a more serious failure or security breach, for example.